This vacancy has closed.
The original job desription:
The GetReal Institute is a new entity created from the IMI GetReal Initiative. It will be a public- private partnership with a mission to realise, develop and promote innovative methods for the development and assessment of medical interventions, including medicines, focused particularly on the use of real-world data and evidence. Membership of the Institute is open to public bodies, regulators, academia, patient groups, industry and other interested parties.
The principal objectives of the Institute are to:
- Serve as the principal European forum for all-stakeholder dialogue, consensus development, and co-creation of solutions to advance use of RWE in health care decision-making.
- Clarify scientific uncertainties in approaches and methods for fit-for-purpose RWD generation, analysis, and interpretation
- Facilitate adoption of best practices to enhance the quality and utility of RWE for decision-making
- Elevate RWE generation and evaluation capabilities through creation and delivery of trusted, high quality educational content for a diverse range of audiences and skill levels
The Managing Director, as the leader of the Institute, will be responsible for
overseeing the finance and administration of the organisation, developing, and implementing the strategy of the GetReal Institute, and promoting the vision and role of GetReal worldwide. The position reports directly to the GetReal Institute executive board.
Areas of responsibilities
1) GetReal mission and strategy: Works with the board, with GetReal members, with other GetReal staff, and with stakeholders to fulfil the mission through planning, activities, and communication. Responsible for:
- Developing the annual strategic plan (and associated budget) that will ensure that the Institute can fulfil its mission;
- Activities, including supporting the GetReal Advisory Board and Task Forces, that support the mission;
- Promoting the vision, the role and the activities of the GetReal Institute and communicating effectively with members and other stakeholders
2) GetReal organisation and operations: Manages the staff and oversees the
day-to-day operations of the Institute. Responsible for:
- The hiring and retention of qualified staff;
- Effective administration of the processes and operations of the Institute;
- Signing all contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the Institute.
3) GetReal financial viability and performance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organisation. Responsible for:
- Fundraising, raising income through memberships, and developing other revenue streams necessary to support the viability of the GetReal Institute;
- The fiscal integrity of the Institute, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organisation;
- Day-to-day financial management of the Institute, operating within the approved budget.
4) GetReal board governance: Works with the GetReal Board to fulfil the mission of the organisation. Responsible for:
- Leading the GetReal organisation in a manner that supports and guides the organisation’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors; Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions;
- Communicating with members on behalf of the Board.
Professional qualifications, experience and skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- At least five years senior management experience;
- A sound understanding of the area of real world data and evidence, and of the operations of members and other stakeholders;
- Skills in strategic thinking and planning together with the ability to
communicate the strategy for the Institute to internal and external
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): the ability to communicate the Institute’s mission and activities to members and other stakeholders;
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and managing to budget;
- Experienced in working in membership organisations and adeptly balancing and addressing diverse member perspectives.
- Solid organisational abilities, including planning, delegating, and managing activities and programmes;
- Solid financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting;
- Excellent work ethic with a high degree of energy and integrity.
- Bachelor degree
- A remuneration package commensurate with experience and responsibilities
- Bonus based on achievement of agreed KPIs
- Part-time, self-employed contract role initially
- GetReal Institute located in the Netherlands, but successful candidate can be based anywhere in Europe
- New position
To apply for this newly created position, please submit your CV together with a motivation letter explaining why you believe that you are suitable to be considered for this interesting and challenging role, on or before 28th February, to this email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, please explain how you would approach the opportunity of fronting a newly formed not-for-profit association, being a spinoff of a successful EU funded project. You would initially be expected to help in the recruitment of new members, managing the early work of the Institute, as well as staffing up the new association to meet the agreed objectives.
The successful candidate is expected to start in April.